WELCUM:)

Detroit, Michigan, United States
What's Up Kossiper's? If you came to my blog to chill, listen to sum of my fav music & artist, to read my crazy thoughts, or to find out the latest news. Basically, U jus wanna know general things on music; fashion and any & every entertainment that U can think of, then U hav checked into the rite psych ward. Then I got your daily 50mg dose of Kossip World, and I hope & pray that U get addicted 2 ME. CHOW!

Friday, April 15, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON DETROITERS: “CURL UP & DYE” HAIR SALON LOCATED IN THE WSU AREA CASS AVE, DETROIT MI. SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT EACH OTHER!

Your Neighborhood Shop

http://curlupanddyedetroit.com/main/

We can cut, dread, chop, thread, highlight, wash, relax, trim, straight-razor shave, wax, curl up & dye all types of hair.

We’ve changed our hours for at least the summer and are updated on our site. Also, we regret to say that Caitlin, one of our stylists has moved to California…but we’re sure she’ll have fun! If you’re one of Caitlin’s clients who we haven’t seen in a while, no worries, we’ll link you up with one of our other stylists based on your likes and needs. A call out to all our clients! We need to get some things done around the shop and we’re looking for people who can help us do it for either trade (preferable) or very low cost. If you think you’re one of those people, let’s chat. We need:

-New Aprons, Capes and a few slip covers for our shampoo bowls and pedicure chair;
-An Accountant familiar with Detroit and updated on current tax laws and credits, preferably with experience regarding salons or service related industry;
-PR/Marketing help;
-Interior design/Marketing;
-Other things you think you have to offer…if we need it, we get it somehow…why not from our neighbors?

Cass Corridor Brand is seeking new product ideas and producers! If you know natural and organic healthy living and you’re good at mixing stuff up, then there may be an opportunity for you. CCB is looking to add more locally made product to be labeled and package under the Cass Corridor Brand. Labels will feature collaborations and point new customers to other things you do. At the very least, you’d be selling more raw product than you probably otherwise would, so its a great way to start something new, or test out current ideas. If we like it…it could work. If interested, contact Curl Up and we’ll get the ball rolling. By our 2 year anniversary this December, we’ll have over 3000 new clients! That’s 2000 more than we had at our 1st anniversary! I’d say that’s 90% due to our awesome and loyal clients who’ve been referring everyone they meet! Remember, send us any new client for any service with your name written on a referral menu card and you’ll both receive 20% any service on your next appointment. If you think about it, after a few referrals, you’ve got nearly free services…we’ll combine up to two referral discounts per visit…that’s 40% Off just for telling someone you love us. Its a hug wrapped in money. We will soon accept appointment requests online. For now, you can always call for direct appointment scheduling @ 313-833-5006. NONE of the products we use are tested on animals: Cass Corridor Brand (Hair & Skin), Kemon (Color & Chemicals), Villa Lodola (Scalp & Skin Treatments), MOP (Haircare) and our nail polish is vegan (Spa Ritual) as well as toluene, dbp, and formaldehyde free (Spa Ritual & China Glaze). We offer massage therapy, spa services and full body waxing services from brows to Brazilians…and threading! We participate in Wayne State’s student discounts and a have a kick ass referral program for all clients, as well as ever-changing monthly specials…call for our most up to date offers.Best of all, our focus is on creating stylish and healthy hair to fit your lifestyle as a Detroiter while trying to be the greenest and most conscious salon available

(we recycle everything we can!!!!) Be sure to stop by or check out Yelp.com or Google.com to find out our updated specials and promotions…we now have a monthly rotating window display made out of recycled papercraft featuring our specials graciously created by one of our favorite clients Gabby! P.S. – she also makes those cute signs at Avalon, so if you need signs, we can point you in her direction… Just for fun.

I know your probably wondering why I'm putting a spotlight on Detroit businesses, but the other day while at a photo shoot with friends. I noticed and felt a weird feeling as if my own BFF was some what competing with me, it hurt my feelings and I didn’t understand. I felt as though why would my own BFF be going against me, while not competing with another chick that wasn’t either one of our friends that was also in the photo shoot. Even when I kept complimenting on how pretty my BFF looked I noticed all I would get in return was some rude whispers or comments. But of course, I got over it cause maybe she was just having a bad day, but I got to thinking that no matter how much us Detroiters agree that we luve of city. Anyone real motha-fer that’s from Detroit knows 1st hand that Detroit can also be known as the “Hater City” sometimes (which I know every city has their fair share or believe the same as I do about my city). So I decided that not only do I want to uplift other females but also great up and coming businesses or people of Detroit, MI. I will be posting a story every Friday here on Kossip World.

Although, I don’t know how I came up on “Curl up & Dye” but I do know for a fact that the name of the salon was very different & interesting to me. And the simple fact that this salon chose to open up in the Wayne State University area (which is my school) rite on Cass Ave, basically Downtown Detroit, MI (which is also my area). And the great part is that its basically ran by women, the shop reminds me of a salon that would only be in downtown Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, etc. Its funky & cool from what I seen so far, and the greatest part to me is that I'm trying to go green, at least a little. Nevertheless “Cut Up & Dye” salon is 100% Green & they use nothing but organic products in their clients hair. If your into the whole “Going Green”movement, “CUD” beauty salon is also looking for organic hair product creators to sale their products in their “CUD” salon, and just maybe your passion for all things organic can get you far, its something that Detroit needs. So Kossipers make sure you stay positive, uplift others, make an appointment @313-833-5006 to become beautified by “Curl Up & Dye” beauty salon and most importantly continue to check Kossip World daily & Friday's cause you never know, Kossip World may just put the spotlight on you or your company next!

I

(my next step is to get full interviews with my contenders from “Spotlight Fridays” and Detroit artists from the “Majestic”, “Detroit Roller Derby chicks”, “St. Andrews” & etc. So please stay tune)

No comments:

Post a Comment