WELCUM:)

Detroit, Michigan, United States
What's Up Kossiper's? If you came to my blog to chill, listen to sum of my fav music & artist, to read my crazy thoughts, or to find out the latest news. Basically, U jus wanna know general things on music; fashion and any & every entertainment that U can think of, then U hav checked into the rite psych ward. Then I got your daily 50mg dose of Kossip World, and I hope & pray that U get addicted 2 ME. CHOW!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Exclusive Interview With Big Sean: The G.O.O.D., The Bad & The Freaky

Big Sean discusses signing with Kanye, sending d*ck pictures and having a life coach.

What would make you give up a full ride to college? Kanye West signing you to his G.O.O.D. Music label perhaps? Big Sean has been putting in work since a chance meeting with Kanye in 2005. Kanye only allowed Sean to spit 16 bars, but after 10 minutes, Kanye liked what he heard and he eventually signed with Good Music in 2007.

Since then, Big Sean has hit the ground running, giving us three delicious appetizers in his mixtapes, Finally Famous Vol. 1: The Mixtape, Vol. 2: UKnowBigSean and Vol. 3: BIG. Now, Kanye’s protégé is poised and ready to hit us with the main course–his debut album, Finally Famous: The Album, due out next month

Big Sean’s been pretty busy traveling the U.S., promoting his album with a few performance dates, but he still managed to free up some time to chat with Necole Bitchie about his new album, what he wants in Ms. Right and just how emotional women [and men] can get, among a few other juicy topics.

-Danielle Young (@Rhapso_DY)

NecoleBitchie: 2010 was a crazy year for you, what was your most memorable moment?

Big Sean: It’s been so many. Probably the B.E.T cipher–that was one of my most memorable moments because that was the first time all eyes were on me for however many seconds that was. That was a great look and to be with legends like Common, Kanye and Pusha T, spitting and n*ggas being like, ‘Damn you killed it,’ was one of my highest moments.

I talked to my grandmother and she said, “You just looked so good up there”. That almost made me cry.

Necole Bitchie: You have a new album coming out this Spring. Who would you like to collaborate with?

Big Sean: At first, I wanted everybody to be on my album like Drake, Kanye and Pharell, but now I want it to be more of me and give people more of just me. I feel like your first album is your introduction, so all the features I have on there now just makes sense for the actual, song as opposed to me just pulling my stunt card just to get in there.

Necole Bitchie: Tell me, how did you meet Kanye and eventually get signed?

Big Sean: Kanye was down at Hot 102.7 in Detroit promoting his album. At the time, they had a show called “Friday Night Cypher Day.” So, n*ggas would get together and rap & whoever won the battle would get to rap on air. So I did that for like months and I was in high school and developed a good relationship with the station

So when he was down there promoting his album, I just faked my way in there. I was actually a telemarketer. I was working at Insight and I was making $100 a week, it was wack as hell. I was cashing my $100 check on a Saturday and I had just did the cypher the night before. My homie called me when I was in the bank and he was like, “You listening to the radio? Kanye down there, n*gga if you rap for him, he’ll sign you!” I’m like “shut yo ass up”, and he’s like “No, man I’m for real, if you go down there he’ll sign you. You cold, you cold.”

So just the idea of it popped in my head. I was like “damn, I might as well try it”. So I ran out of line without cashing my check. One of my homies gave me $20 to drive down there because I was flat broke. I didn’t think he was still there but since I had a good relationship with the station, they let me in the building anyway. Then I was in the back offices and I seen his team and I guess his security guards, road manager and sh*t and DJ Gary Chandler was like “yo, Kanye down the hall”

I got past the security and his road manager because they thought I worked there. I shook his hand and said “I’m an inspiring MC and I do this show here”. He was like,” that’s what’s up, keep it up”. He started walking away and I grabbed him and said, “Man, you gotta let me rap for you”. He said, “Nah, I don’t have time” and started walking away. I said “Man you are my hero, just let me spit for you”. He said, “You got 16 bars but you gotta rap while we are walking out of the station”. That 16 bars ended up turning into 10 minutes. He got into it and I gave him a CD. That’s how the connection came but it took like two years after that [to get signed].

Necole Bitchie: How did you stay in contact?

Big Sean: Basically through email. I met up with him a couple times when he came back for a show in Detroit. He would hit me up and say “I want to hear some more music”. I kept sending him stuff then eventually he called me when I was on my way to Michigan State University. I was enrolled there and had a full-scholarship. I was going to study marketing and advertising. He called me and said, “I want to sign you” so I put all that sh*t off.

Necole Bitchie: How do people at home in Detroit treat you?

Big Sean: Man lately I’ve been bigger than life in Detroit. It’s been crazy. I went from nobody respecting me, playing at Plan B, Club Blue, and now everywhere I go, people go crazy…I love that.

Necole Bitchie: What are your thoughts on relationships right now. For example, Some men look for Ms. Right and some people look for Ms. Right now…

Big Sean: It’s been a whole bunch of times when I wanted Ms. Right Now, but in the long run that’s not what you want.

Necole Bitchie: What are the qualities you look for in a woman?
Big Sean: I want somebody who has f**king goals, somebody who knows what they’re going to do. I got a life coach that teaches me ways to make life easier. One of the things they taught me was clarity is power. So if you’re clear about something and write your sh*t down, stuff you want to do—it’s clarity. It turns me on when a girl has goals and sh*t.

Necole Bitchie: Who put you on to the life coach?
Big Sean: Tony Robbins. My mom put me on–she was like you should do it. It costs me freaking $8,000.

Necole Bitchie: How often do you do it?
Big Sean: It’s just a call. It’s 30 minutes every Monday. We have to do homework and send it to him but it’s stuff that helps you out. It’s hard because you have to make time. The point is, not to get off subject, but I like girls who are about their business because what the f**k are you going to do with a chick with no goals? No offense, but all you can do is have sex, then after that you’re like, ‘What the f**k am I doing?’ You’re not even with me for the right reasons.

Necole Bitchie: Outside of a woman having goals and ambitions, what are the qualities you are looking for in Ms. Right?

Big Sean: I know this sounds shallow, but somebody that you are physically attracted to. Somebody you can see yourself waking up to forever– someone you can grow old with. When you are wrinkled, you can look at them and be like ‘damn, I love you’. It has to be a girl you wouldn’t mind having and raising kids with. You don’t want no ghetto ass, hoodrat raising your kids.

Necole Bitchie: Have you ever watched The Notebook?
Big Sean: Yeah.

Necole Bitchie: So would you say you want that “Notebook” kind of love?
Big Sean: Yeah, I want that “Notebook” kind of love. I actually said that in a rap on a song with Estelle. Yeah, that’s what everybody wants. Sh*t, why not? I don’t want to f**king die old and alone.

Necole Bitchie: When you date someone, do you ever think in the back of your mind, if I do her wrong she’s going to send something crazy to all the blogs?

Big Sean: Hell naw, that’s why I never do no dumb sh*t. Even if I be myself and send a picture of my d*ck or whatever I do, it’s just like f**k it.

Necole Bitchie: So you send chicks penis pics?

Big Sean: Well if it’s someone I’m really into and we’re dating…I’m a freak.

Necole Bitchie: I haven’t received a penis pic in a long time. I think people think I would post them but I would never do that. It’s so wreckless and disrespectful.

Big Sean: It’s only disrespectful if your d*ck is little

Necole Bitchie: In relationships, do you think it’s important to know how many sex partners a girl has had?

Big Sean: It’s something I’m going to ask eventually. Whenever I start dating, I get tested and I suggest they get tested too. If I like that person, no matter what the answer is, it’s atleast important to know.

Necole Bitchie: Who do you think is more emotional…men or women?
I don’t know because n*ggas out here be emotional. I just think it’s human nature to be crazy, especially when you love somebody. I think some girls are crazier than some guys, and some guys crazier than some girls. Girls go f**king crazy though, for sho’. One time the girl I was dating was going through my stuff and being crazy. First of all, when you make a commitment to be with somebody, you’re not supposed to go through their sh*t. No matter what you’ve done in the past, you make the commitment to be with them and you have to give them that respect.

Necole Bitchie: I feel like if she’s going through you’re things, you gave her a reason to go through your things...

Big Sean: Well anyway….So she saw something, some direct message, email, twitter or something, started flipping, threw my watch out the window, grabbed my chain–a f**king $30,000 chain–about to throw it out the window. I had to grab her ass from throwing my stuff out the window–just crazy sh*t. She threw my shoes out the window. I had to climb a tree to get my shoes. People go through crazy stuff like that all the time.

Necole Bitchie: So what’s your turn off? What’s that one thing a girl can do and you’ll be like, ‘I can’t deal with it’?

Big Sean: Being too nosey, that’s a big turn off. Dirty hair is a turn off.

Necole Bitchie: Dirty hair? Like flaky, dandruff?

Big Sean: Like stinky, nasty…ugh. I like a woman that smells good.

Necole Bitchie: Let’s talk about fashion. It’s crazy how hip hop has evolved fashion wise, who is responsible for it though? Who changed the game in hip hop?

Big Sean: Kanye and a mixture of Jay-Z and Pharell in my personal opinion and not just because I’m signed with Kanye. He was rocking Polo when throwbacks was regular shirts. I think he opened the doors then took it to the next level, elevated it. Jay-Z started rocking button ups then that was the new cool thing to be fresh as hell. Then all of a sudden clothes started getting smaller, people started realizing that clothes looks better when it’s not 3 sizes too big. I think Kanye and Jay-Z had a lot to do with that. I’m going to elevate it though.

Necole Bitchie: How and when will you elevate it?

Big Sean: Now. I got ideas. I’m happy though. Hip hop’s become more worldwide and it’s more of a business. It’s about time we dressed up and show some class.

No comments:

Post a Comment