WELCUM:)

Detroit, Michigan, United States
What's Up Kossiper's? If you came to my blog to chill, listen to sum of my fav music & artist, to read my crazy thoughts, or to find out the latest news. Basically, U jus wanna know general things on music; fashion and any & every entertainment that U can think of, then U hav checked into the rite psych ward. Then I got your daily 50mg dose of Kossip World, and I hope & pray that U get addicted 2 ME. CHOW!

Monday, June 11, 2012

NICKI MINAJ AGAINST FUNK MASTER FLEX/HOT 97


‘We ain’t f–-kin with commercial rappers no more! If you lost the f–kin streets, its your fault!’ -Funkmaster Flex
On Sunday, Funkmaster Flex bullied Nicki Minaj with threats of, ‘I’m dedicated to tearing you down’ after she pulled out of her Hot 97 Summer Jam performance because of a diss made by Peter Rosenberg earlier that night. Hour prior, Lil Wayne had made the call to pull his artists out of the show because of the blatant disrespect by the station’s DJ’s for an artist that they had booked to headline the show [as well as sell tickets]. Now, we all can agree to disagree that Nicki Minaj should have hit the stage regardless, because not only were her fans that were at the show disappointed, but thousands who had tuned in to the online stream around the world to see her perform were also left in limbo, however, Young Money’s message was loud and clear, ‘If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything’. There is a time and place for Peter Rosenberg’s comment and unfortunately, Sunday’s show was not the time, nor was it the place. Show your guests some respect.
Yesterday, Nicki Minaj sparred on the radio with Funkmaster Flex about Sunday night’s incident. For almost sixty minutes, the two cut each other off and talked over each other while trying to explain their side of the beef. Nicki’s main points was that, she didn’t perform because her BOSS told her not to and that is where her loyalty lies and she also said Flex should have taken his issues up with Wayne but he chose to target her because she is a female. Flex, in response, told Nicki ‘ ‘I was upset and that’s the way I felt. I haven’t mentioned Wayne, not because I’m scared, but he wasn’t on the bill to perform‘.
Other notable moments included Nicki reading off her worldwide album sales stats for Flex who made a comment on stage about her albums not selling and she Nicki brushing off rumors that she was scared to go on stage. ‘There is no B-tch alive that could scare me out of performing. I gets Money’.
Flex was apologetic throughout the call, admitting that he likes Nicki’s albums (and so does Rosenberg with the exception of her pop hits), but the reality of it all is that the 60 minute argument accomplished nothing. [You ever hear neighbors arguing and pressed your ear against the wall, that's what this yapping session sounded like honestly]. For 60 minutes (with one commercial break) Nicki fought for her decision to follow her Boss’s (Lil Wayne) instructions of not performing, Flex defended Peter Rosenberg and his decision to state his opinion of her music in a public forum and both continuously brought up Ebro (the head of the station) and none of those folks were on the phone. Why in the world wasn’t Nicki talking to Peter Rosenberg instead? And where was Wayne? Why was Nicki left to fend for herself online and on the radio when it wasn’t her initial decision to pull out. So many questions…
Towards the end of the call, Nicki Minaj said that no one can come between the relationship she has with her fans and for that reason, she will be performing a free show in New York City very soon to make up for the Summer Jam debacle. [And there you go, something good came out of all of this]
You can listen to the entire audio (including a transcribe of both Nicki and Flex’s main points below):




Nicki on how she felt about the events leading up to her canceled show:
My fans didn’t appreciate [Peter Rosenberg's] comments. My fans at Summer Jam didn’t appreciate his comments, nor did my fans who were watching the live stream appreciate his comments. Like I told you Flex, this was not about 2000 people in a building that he was talking to. This is about streaming to the world. Nicki Minaj opened up that stream to show kids in London and Paris. People who were watching that stream, that stream was posted on my website, those requests came from your station. I posted the link for the tickets, those requests came from your station.
It’s not about his opinion. I have opinion’s about DJ’s at Hot 97, and I have opinions about Hot 97, but you know what? I wouldn’t come on your stage when its about us uniting people to come see your show. I wouldn’t dare come on your stage or say anything negative about Hot 97 leading up to that concert.
My opinion, I’m a grown ass women. Everyone is grown enough to keep their opinions to themselves in order to give people a great time. I travel all around the world and people come with one agenda and that is to have a good time, not to have their favorite artist to be ridiculed or be made fun of. I am not a joke.
When you disrespect Nicki Minaj, and I don’t care if it was in front of 2,000 people which could equate to 2Million people when its streaming live. You’re disrespecting my fans. I didn’t have a problem with anyone saying what they have to say to me. But don’t make those 3 Million people that downloaded Starships or whatever the downloaded, don’t make them feel like their inferior in any way for their personal tastes in music.
Nicki on how her show got canceled:
The word got back to Lil Wayne, and Lil Wayne got on Twitter and said ‘Young Money’s not doing Summer Jam’ so I freaked out because I’m in my home town, I had an amazing line up, I wanted to come out and perform for my babies.
No one would have even known I had a problem with this, because let me tell you something. I am not a quitter. I don’t back down from Any thing. Including a show, where somebody’s talking about me. Wayne gave me a very very valuable lesson lasts night, on knowing my worth. It’s a lesson to every woman. Wayne has been my mentor. Wayne got me in this game, Wayne is the one that co-signed me to the rap world. I can’t believe after all these years he’s still teaching me. Yesterday after that disrespect, after a man goes on stage and disrespects me and calls my music bull sh-t and not real hip hop, and tries to rile people up against me before I step on stage, I still was going up on that stage. You know, Shame on me. Lil Wayne gave me a valuable lesson in self worth. He called me, he tweeted before he called me, and when I spoke to him, he goes ‘Nic, we aint doin that show’ Before I had NY Radio, I had Wayne, so I will never go against Wayne. If Wayne say ‘We as a Team, Baby, Mills, Kaled, Busta, we as a team aint goin on that stage because we as a Team feel disrespected’ then guess who ain’t goin on that stage? Nicki Minaj. I am not going on that state. I stand behind his decision. Every woman needs to know it doesn’t matter what people say about you. After a certain amount of time, and you put in a certain amount of work, and I put in my work, you deserve respect. Those jokes shouldn’t have been said in front of my fans, in front of anyone before I came on stage.
On whether she thought they were coming at her because she’s a woman:
No one said anyone came it me because I was a woman. I said they shouldn’t have made the comments, because I was a woman. I am the only woman representing on Summer Jam stage. That’s not the way you boost the moral of the artist there, or the people there.
Nicki on rumors that she was scared to perform:
Do you know what kind of places I’ve gone to? Do you know how many people I was with yesterday? We were 200 deep. I’m not trying to be funny. Don’t forget where I was performing at everyday four shows a week in the hood spots, clubs, everywhere, so lets not go there. There isn’t a bitch alive, and when I say bitch I’m including men because when they act like that their bitches. There isn’t a human being alive that God created on this planet earth that could scare me out of doing a show. I get money.
Nicki’s apology to her fans: 
I want to apologize to my fans last night. Like I said on Twitter, I’m going to make it up to them in the form of a free concert in New York. I stand behind 1000% what Wayne, Baby, my whole team did. They stood up for me and said from now on, Hot 97, if you want our team to come to your show, and it doesn’t matter if it’s one or all, treat us with respect. I am very proud of my team for taking a stance, and showing me, and in turn allowing me to show my female fans, and maybe my gay fans in the audience, enough is enough. I put in my work. You don’t have to like everything, but when I’m coming to your home, and when I’m coming on that stage, respect me.
You have no idea. I’ve gone through hell and back. I’m not a quitter. I show up and perform. I rolled with my teams decision last night, and I made history. The next time that I come out, people won’t disrespect me. I feel like I have shown the world that I love and respect myself .
A few of Flex’s points:
I get it, in terms that maybe that wasn’t the best time to make that comment, before you’re gonna touch the stage. I get that maybe that wasn’t something that Rosenberg shouldn’t have did, I get that, but he does have his opinion and two songs that you do have. Did he pick the wrong time? Yes. But it is his opinion of which hip hop is built on, it is his opinion.
I get Wayne has a way that he feels, he respects his artist, he takes up for his artist, but that part now, is taking me to a place. I don’t understand how it went from him saying something, she’s not performing, its not fixable, and no one touching the stage. That’s what’s an issue for us, that’s what’s the issue that got me upset, that’s the issue that made me lash out and get upset, because if we’re promoting and it’s supposed to be all love, we want the artist, and the fans to see everyone.
Rosenberg is not coming at you because you’re a woman that I’m not going to rock with. He’s talking about two songs that he doesn’t like.
Let me keep it 100 with you Nicki, I’m not scared of Lil Wayne. That’s not why I’m doing it. In the time that I’ve known you we’ve always rocked. We have always been email to email cell phone to cell phone. I’ve never called Wayne for anything for you, I’ve never witnessed Wayne having influence on you. This is different for me. I’ve not known you to be a person that moves under Lil Wayne.

THEY BOTH HAD GREAT POINTS, HERE'S MY THOUGHTS OF THERE DEBACLE-
NICKI: THEY SHOULDNT HAVE THROUGH DIRT ON HER NAME 1ST OF ALL AS A FEMALE, AND SECONDLY BECAUSE SHE'S THE HEADLINER & THE BIGGEST CELEB ON THE BILL. PETER ROSENBERG ALSO SHOULDNT BE SUCH AN AZZHOLE & WHEN THE PRESIDENT SPEAKS......HE SPEAKS!
FLEX: NO MATTER WHAT NICKI SHOULD HAVE STEPPED ON THAT STAGE NO MATTER WHAT. (THIS IS THE ONLY POINT ON FLEX'S THAT I AGREE WITH. NO MATTER WHAT NO AZZHOLE OR PERSON SHOULD STOP YOU FROM PERFORMING FOR YOUR FANS (WHICH 90% OF THE CROWD WAS THERE FOR THE HEADLINER WHICH WAS NICKI), AND GETTING YO MONEY. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD!). AND WHY INSTEAD OF ARGUING AN ENTIRE HOUR WITH FLEX, THIS CONVO SHOULD HAD HAPPENED WITH THE TRUE AZZHOLE WHO STARTED THIS BULLSHIT, WHICH IS PETER ROSENBERG. AND ITS NOT LIKE ROSENBERG IS A NORMAL NICE DUDE WHO DOESNT SAY RECKLESS THINGS ABOUT PEEPS, COME ON NOW PETER IS KNOWN FOR HIS IGNORANT RANTS. SO NICKI SHOULDNT HAVE ALLOWED PETER TO EVEN STOP HER FROM PERFORMING FOR HER FANS. NICKI COULD HAVE WON THIS WHOLE BEEF BY COMING, PERFORMING, SPITTING IN PETER'S FACE LITERALLY, GOT ON STAGE, THROUGH SOME SHOTS BACK AT ALL OF HOT 97 BY MAKING EM LOOK STUPID ON THEIR OWN STAGE. AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST REVENGE IN HOT 97 HISTORY!





No comments:

Post a Comment