Nicki Minaj squashed some old beef with Peter Rosenberg and showed Lil Kim some love during a recent interview. The “Super Bass” rapper dropped by Hot 97 for a chat, and while she was there she settled her differences with Peter.
Things between them went sour last year when Nicki refused to do Hot 97 Summer Jam because he insulted her hit “Starships.” In hindsight, the rapper felt as though she should have just done the show as planned.
“I should’ve just came out, because it’s my hometown,” said Nicki. “They shouldn’t have been brought into whatever we were going through. They had nothing to do with that. When I thought about it, a whole bunch of people were punished.”
Though she’s no longer upset about the incident, she couldn’t tell exactly what Peter said that makes her so upset. When asked if she ever actually heard Peter blast her song, she admitted, “No. Never. Not once.” 
CHECK THE VIDEOS OUT






Hot 97 also asked her about her favorite female rappers that came before her.
Foxy [Brown], [Lil Kim], Lauryn [Hill] and then Remy [Ma],” Nicki answered, explaining that she felt as though she could identify with the femcees. “They’re all from New York, too. It’s no disrespect to any other female rappers, but those are the ones that I felt like, ‘Ok, yeah. I could get into that.’ They sounded like me when I spoke, and I just thought they really made an impact.”
Nicki added, “I always loved Missy [Elliott] because she was playful. With Missy and Left Eye, they weren’t afraid to be goofy at times and I loved that.”