WELCUM:)

Detroit, Michigan, United States
What's Up Kossiper's? If you came to my blog to chill, listen to sum of my fav music & artist, to read my crazy thoughts, or to find out the latest news. Basically, U jus wanna know general things on music; fashion and any & every entertainment that U can think of, then U hav checked into the rite psych ward. Then I got your daily 50mg dose of Kossip World, and I hope & pray that U get addicted 2 ME. CHOW!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Drake's 'Nothing Was the Same': The Billboard Cover Story!

Drake's 'Nothing Was the Same': The Billboard Cover Story
From the bottom to the voice of his generation, Drake has sold 4.5M albums in less than four years, won a Grammy and left his mark on popular culture -- all by 26!

Drake is happy…and as long as he’s happy, we will get less emo music from him, and more music that we can throw our glasses up to and toast to the good life.

This month, he’s covering the latest issue of Billboard Magazine, with a huge cheesy smile on his face, and inside he reveals that it is his goal to make empowering music and anthems that people can live by. (i.e.  ‘Y.O.L.O,’ ‘HYFR’, ‘Started From The Bottom,’ and ‘No New Friends’) He also chats about his new label OVO Sound, what to expect from his upcoming album, and gave a very appropriate response to Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Control‘ verse,  where Kendrick called out rappers that he’s ready to murder in the game, including Drake.
“I didn’t really have anything to say about it. It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That’s all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick’s not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic.”
That’s cute. Let’s face it, the rappers that were called out are going to prove themselves through their upcoming albums and entire body of work, versus wasting time releasing diss tracks just for the sake of it.

Catch a few more highlights from Drake’s interview below:


On Making Empowering Music
“I’ll be out trying to get a sandwich or something and the guy will say to me, ‘I’d give you a free drink with that, but you know, no new friends,’ I swear I’m not sitting around going, ‘What’s the new meme going to be?’ But I do spend a lot of time when I’m writing, especially lately, trying to make something for people to live by. I’m trying to make anthems that are empowering to people, to find phrases that I haven’t heard before. I’m not just going to sit here and be like, ‘F–kin’ bitches, getting money!’”
          On Nothing Was The Same
          “There’s a lot less sort of ambient ballad moments on this album where I’m searching or longing for                     something. That sentiment is gone. Now I’m just kind of like, ‘You know, I’m 26, I don’t know what the                 fuck else I could be doing better than this. I feel incredible about how I’m able to support my family and               friends and how supportive my family and friends have been of me.’ “A lot of people get on and it’s like                 they’re just waiting to get more on,” he continues. “They’re always waiting for a bigger moment to come.             But I’ve started to realize that this is it, this is the moment. And it reads, you know? People come up to               me now and they’re like, ‘Man, you look good! You look like you’re happy.’”
         
          On Starting His Own Label OVO
         “The goal is to continue to push the culture forward and form a team that can really contribute some great            music to the world. My ears are definitely out. I’m looking to hear the next wave.”
          On Owning a Record Label While Being Signed to Cash Money
          “Being an artist that’s signed to another artist, I understand how much of a representation I am of that                 artist,” he says. “So I want to be extremely selective. I want artists who are, first and foremost, genuinely             good people who are good to be around, and second, who have pure talent and will make me look smart             for signing them [laughs].”

            

No comments:

Post a Comment